A trip to Sinai, again

Assalamualaikum,

Moved on from that grand dinner, few days after i already packed my things and got ready for an adventure!

I only heard that some of the boys repeated their trip to Sinai.. maybe there were girls i misheard about them, but my friends were amazed with my decision to repeat this trip (as this was my second time). I went there again because I wanted to climb that Mt. Sinai with my best friend Hani. Well before this during winter break, she always stays at home watching korean dramas or korean reality shows. This time she wants to go, why not i tag along kan? I love to do great things with her other than food hunting or shopping spree together.

On Nov 3rd, I went with my colleagues (by a bus and a coaster) to Sinai and Dahab. Oh yeah, i got a new room mate for a week after the finals, Anis, as the aqad of her house finished and she moved in my room on the next day after the last exam. Basically 4 of us,  Hani, Mita, Anis (my floormates) and me joined this trip and we prepared all the things i mentioned as i threw out my SENIORITY card here (had an experience before pfft),

1. Head torch
2. Thick coat/bubble
3. Muffler scarf
4. Small bag to put snacks
5. Gloves
6. Hand cream
7. Proper shoes
8. Water spray for taking wudhu' up there at the peak
9. Lots of MONEY
 And the list goes on..

Before the climbing event as usual we went to the settling of the Prophets.. the statue of Samiri.. this trip was kind of rushing.. i don't know why..  and we didn't get to see Uyun Musa. Maybe because we did stop at Cairo earlier to change the bus and to pick up some people there.


left side, cow of Samiri

THE MAIN HIGHLIGHT OF THE POST.. IT'S THE CLIMB~

So.. after the struggles and hardships (as we started late and the instructor was rushing us to climb the 2285m Gabal Musa within 3 hours!), we reached the peak half an hour before the sunrise. After fajr prayer we sat down to enjoy the view and capture those moments as much as we can before the sun scorched us even more. For me this trip is the best because Hani and me climbed the mountain holding hands together till the reaching top! Sweet kan.. thank you Hani for keeping me company throughout the journey. Those 3 hours of climbing we did rest for a while at 4-5 stations (to drink and eat chocolate, stretching our legs) and i suffered from heavy breathing (my diaphragm was so painful that i could feel it was retracted all the time, while Hani is an athlete so she had the stamina and correct breathing technique). I didn't want to recall those painful memories, really, but to be honest having Hani along with me was a pure blessing. She never left me behind and continue to support me.

 
At the last station for camel ride (if u took one) before starting to climb the stairs to the peak

Sunrise behind us















Comments

Popular posts from this blog